[WC] Tenth Annual (Virtual) STEM Undergraduate Research and Internship Symposium

Johnson, Dr. Brian bpjohnson at fgcu.edu
Fri Dec 4 11:58:35 EST 2020

Hello,

Here are the final updates about Friday’s Symposium:

  *   Detailed schedule: A complete schedule can be found at: https://www.fgcu.edu/cas/centers/whitaker/#STEMUndergraduateResearchandInternshipSymposium. There are buttons for the Schedule, Abstracts, and Presentations by Department
  *   Rough schedule for today:
     *   3:00pm - 4:00pm - Student presentations via Zoom (parallel talks at 15 min. intervals)
     *   4:00pm - 5:00pm - Student presentations via Zoom (parallel talks at 15 min. intervals)
     *   5:00pm - 5:30pm - Student presentations via Zoom (parallel talks at 15 min. intervals)
     *   5:30pm - Social/celebratory program on Gather<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gather.town/app/nbnfMyHO4FAfVR4e/SURIS__;!!IkmNjII!SAhq2MRFtEZi7MWe3MipZGCVDVQzF9Kb76qduhc38I7pjVsSX98Rdihb9n3NETJh$ > (link now active!). The Gather room will be available with some materials from students who submitted them ahead of time. We are still uploading materials into it, but feel free to peruse the space beginning at 3pm.

On behalf of the SURIS organizing team,

Thank you,

Demers, Dr Nora ndemers at fgcu.edu<mailto:ndemers at fgcu.edu>
Gunnels, Dr billY cgunnels at fgcu.edu<mailto:cgunnels at fgcu.edu>
Johnson, Dr Brian bpjohnson at fgcu.edu<mailto:bpjohnson at fgcu.edu>
Liao, Dr Jiehong jliao at fgcu.edu<mailto:jliao at fgcu.edu>
Nation, Dr. Molly mnation at fgcu.edu<mailto:mnation at fgcu.edu>
Boucher, Debra deboucher at fgcu.edu<mailto:deboucher at fgcu.edu>
Brunelle, Shawn sbrunelle at fgcu.edu<mailto:sbrunelle at fgcu.edu>

Brian Johnson, Ph.D.
Interim Director, Whitaker Center for STEM Education
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd. South
Fort Myers, FL  33965-6565

Whitaker Hall 223
bpjohnson at fgcu.edu<mailto:bpjohnson at fgcu.edu>
239-590-1284
Pronouns: he/him

Pursuant to legislation passed in 2006 (F.S. 668.6076), as a state entity we are required to have the following statement in a conspicuous place.

“Florida has a very broad public records law.  As a result, any written communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast University employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.”