[WC] Tenth Annual (Virtual) STEM Undergraduate Research and Internship Symposium

Johnson, Dr. Brian bpjohnson at fgcu.edu
Thu Dec 3 16:00:03 EST 2020

Hello,

Thanks to all the moderators who have been willing to volunteer their time at the end of a challenging semester. Here are some updates about Friday’s Symposium:

  *   Detailed schedule: An almost complete schedule can be found at: https://www.fgcu.edu/cas/centers/whitaker/#STEMUndergraduateResearchandInternshipSymposium. One of the buttons says “Schedule”. What’s missing is just the moderators and links for the last two sessions, which we haven’t had a chance to update yet. They’ll be updated tomorrow morning at some point and the schedule will be updated on the website then.
  *   Rough schedule for Friday, Dec. 4 (a few small changes to accommodate some students who were unavailable earlier in the day):
     *   3:00pm - 4:00pm - Student presentations via Zoom (parallel talks at 15 min. intervals)
     *   4:00pm - 5:00pm - Student presentations via Zoom (parallel talks at 15 min. intervals)
     *   5:00pm - 5:30pm - Student presentations via Zoom (parallel talks at 15 min. intervals)
     *   5:30pm - Social/celebratory program on Gather<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gather.town/__;!!IkmNjII!QNvSycBYYOArVh_MezwNLnZ8SBEI3oL3FTx6Eyp5mmudyl6gpWi_UxyzM57alys1$ >

Apologies for sending emails with such a long list of recipients. I will probably send one final email tomorrow.

On behalf of the SURIS organizing team,

Thank you,

Demers, Dr Nora ndemers at fgcu.edu<mailto:ndemers at fgcu.edu>
Gunnels, Dr billY cgunnels at fgcu.edu<mailto:cgunnels at fgcu.edu>
Johnson, Dr Brian bpjohnson at fgcu.edu<mailto:bpjohnson at fgcu.edu>
Liao, Dr Jiehong jliao at fgcu.edu<mailto:jliao at fgcu.edu>
Nation, Dr. Molly mnation at fgcu.edu<mailto:mnation at fgcu.edu>
Boucher, Debra deboucher at fgcu.edu<mailto:deboucher at fgcu.edu>
Brunelle, Shawn sbrunelle at fgcu.edu<mailto:sbrunelle at fgcu.edu>

Brian Johnson, Ph.D.
Interim Director, Whitaker Center for STEM Education
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd. South
Fort Myers, FL  33965-6565

Whitaker Hall 223
bpjohnson at fgcu.edu<mailto:bpjohnson at fgcu.edu>
239-590-1284

Pursuant to legislation passed in 2006 (F.S. 668.6076), as a state entity we are required to have the following statement in a conspicuous place.

“Florida has a very broad public records law.  As a result, any written communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast University employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.”