[WC] STEMinar Thursday (time/day change)

Johnson, Dr. Brian bpjohnson at fgcu.edu
Wed Feb 24 11:30:25 EST 2021

Hello Whitaker Center Friends and Family.

Just a reminder about tomorrow’s (Thursday’s) STEMinar. It is at a nonstandard day and time this week: Thursday, Feb. 25 at 3pm. Register directly at this link: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://bit.ly/RotzSTEMinar__;!!IkmNjII!XbzT_ZvwSGBuTWg02MS0Ran5I951E9ua4AJymVC9n7bvdhke38LQnoMj9O9pc7ka$

Thanks,
Brian

Whitaker Center Virtual STEMinar Series

[image003]The Whitaker Center is pleased to welcome Dr. Rachel Rotz, Assistant Professor of Geology in the Department of Marine and Earth Sciences at FGCU, for a virtual STEMinar.

Time, Date, Location: 3:00-4:00PM, Thursday, February 25, 2021
Zoom info at http://www.fgcu.edu/whitakercenter<http://www.fgcu.edu/whitakercenter>

Title:  Interdisciplinary Approaches to Investigating Water

Abstract:  Interdisciplinary approaches to investigating water inspires students across disciplines to pursue the geosciences and make local connections to water and sustainability issues. In this presentation, Dr. Rotz will present several examples of integrated, interdisciplinary approaches to investigating water. She will demonstrate how remote sensing, field methods, and modeling can be employed across geoscience fields (i.e., geology, hydrology) to identify the timing and flow of surface and subsurface waters in drylands on Earth and Mars. The work is from Dr. Rotz’s doctoral research, and she will also discuss new projects on the horizon for her work within the new Environmental Geology program here at Florida Gulf Coast University.

Brian Johnson, Ph.D.  |  Interim Director and Associate Professor
(he / him / his)
Whitaker Center for STEM Education and Department of Mathematics  |  College of Arts & Sciences
http://fgcu.edu/whitakercenter
[signature_550992791]
10501 FGCU Boulevard South, Fort Myers, FL 33965  |  fgcu.edu<http://www.fgcu.edu>
P: 239.590.7444  |  E: bpjohnson at fgcu.edu
[signature_2065516147]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/FloridaGulfCoastUniversity/__;!!IkmNjII!XbzT_ZvwSGBuTWg02MS0Ran5I951E9ua4AJymVC9n7bvdhke38LQnoMj9FZIeeIj$ > [signature_318305082] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/school/florida-gulf-coast-university/__;!!IkmNjII!XbzT_ZvwSGBuTWg02MS0Ran5I951E9ua4AJymVC9n7bvdhke38LQnoMj9H6Zcw5m$ >  [signature_326550715] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/fgcu/__;!!IkmNjII!XbzT_ZvwSGBuTWg02MS0Ran5I951E9ua4AJymVC9n7bvdhke38LQnoMj9E5lDkdw$ >
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.