[WC] Tenth Annual (Virtual) STEM Undergraduate Research and Internship Symposium

Johnson, Dr. Brian bpjohnson at fgcu.edu
Fri Nov 20 15:00:33 EST 2020

Hello,

As this semester quickly winds down, I just wanted to update you about the upcoming symposium. Here are the two most important items:

  *   We will need a number of moderators to set up Zoom meetings and commit to moderating for one hour (at 3pm or 4pm). Email me if you would be willing to moderate for an hour.

  *   Rough schedule for Friday, Dec. 4:
     *   3:00pm - 4:00pm - Student presentations via Zoom (parallel talks at 15 min. intervals)
     *   4:00pm - 5:00pm - Student presentations via Zoom (parallel talks at 15 min. intervals)
     *   5:00pm - Social/celebratory program on Gather<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://gather.town/__;!!IkmNjII!XeuNi9BmHVCImo5qPrU96H0je8kJyDgz2Wng-iXIy51TdjmjxakX6XtdMyOqdKT4$ > (more information to follow)

Thank you,

Demers, Dr Nora ndemers at fgcu.edu<mailto:ndemers at fgcu.edu>
Gunnels, Dr billY cgunnels at fgcu.edu<mailto:cgunnels at fgcu.edu>
Johnson, Dr Brian bpjohnson at fgcu.edu<mailto:bpjohnson at fgcu.edu>
Liao, Dr Jiehong jliao at fgcu.edu<mailto:jliao at fgcu.edu>
Nation, Dr. Molly mnation at fgcu.edu<mailto:mnation at fgcu.edu>
Boucher, Debra deboucher at fgcu.edu<mailto:deboucher at fgcu.edu>
Brunelle, Shawn sbrunelle at fgcu.edu<mailto:sbrunelle at fgcu.edu>

Brian Johnson, Ph.D.
Interim Director, Whitaker Center for STEM Education
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Blvd. South
Fort Myers, FL  33965-6565

Whitaker Hall 223
bpjohnson at fgcu.edu<mailto:bpjohnson at fgcu.edu>
239-590-1284

Pursuant to legislation passed in 2006 (F.S. 668.6076), as a state entity we are required to have the following statement in a conspicuous place.

“Florida has a very broad public records law.  As a result, any written communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast University employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.”